2010년 4월 23일 금요일

Tony- A Whole New Mind (pg.1-51)

1. What surprised you?
-I was surprised when the book stated a large number of IT jobs will be lost by year 2015 (refer to pg. 39)
-I realized/surprised that L-Directed jobs are being replaced by new technology and soon or later those jobs will be replaced by automations (eg. chess robot and computers)
-I was also surprised by all the works which Right Brain can perform (pg. 17-23)


2. What did you know already?
-I already knew that most of us only listen to our parents and tend to have jobs which require left brains
-I already knew that automations are replacing some jobs. But didn't realize how quick it was
-Already knew left brain controls right side of body and right brain controls left side of body


3. New Vocabularies
-resonance: n. the state or quality of being resonant
-brandishing: v. to shake or wave, as a weapon
-analytically: adj. pertaining to or proceeding by analysis
-contralateralization: ?
-amygdalas:
-quintessentially: n. the pure and concentrated essence of a substance
-purveyor: n. a person who purveys, provides, or supplies

4. What changes will you make regarding to the reading?
I always thought business was about running it and earning money. But I figure now that in a near future, I won't be successful if I have this set of mind. From now on, I should start having different perspective toward the world of business. It's not all about who gets more money, it is about who has the best designs or ideas for the products becuase people will buy more if the product is handy and better looking.

5. What questions do I have from the reading?
-Desgins are now considered to be one of the most important things. But wouldn't there be a certain point when ideas would run out?
-Some people can use both sides of their body. My brother eats with both hands, writes with his left hand, play sports with left hand & feet. Does that mean both sides of his brain are equally developed?
-Why people tend to lean toward better designs?


6) What connections have you made to real life?
I think it is true that people look for better designs. Instead of big and heavy mp3s, people like to have small yet good looking devices (ie. iPods). Not only that, regradless of price, we wear clothes that are distinguishing and different from ordinary clothes. Hair designs.

7) Additional Comments
Designs can apply anywhere. Not only in real life but also in computer softwares or video games. And here are some photos. All of these are designed by ordinary people.





댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기