2010년 5월 7일 금요일

Tony- A Whole New MInd (pg. 48-61)

1. What Surprised You?
-I didn't know that high concept and high touch are on the rise throughout the world economy and society.
-I was really surprised about hight leveled universitites's (Yale and Columbia University) medicine programs require people to take art
-I am surprised by Robert Lutz's comment: "It's more right brain.. I see us being in the art business..." (pg. 53)
-Big business companies are now looking for more MFAs than MBAs
-Shocked how IQ doesn't account for portion of our career success (only 4 and10 percent, pg. 58)


2. What did you know already?

-I alreday knew about what EQ is
-That L-directed thinking isn't enough in the future (from previous chapters)


3. New Vocabularies
-augment: v. to make larger; enlarge in size, number, strength, or extent; increase
-elicit: v. to draw or bring out or forth; educe; evoke
-litigious: adj. excessively or readily inclined to litigate
-auditors: n. a person appointed and authorized to examine accounts and accounting records, compare the charges with the vouchers, verify balance sheet and income items, and state the result
-ailing: adj. sickly; unwell
-subtleties: n. the state or quality of being subtle
-unrelenting: adj. not relenting; not yielding or swerving in determination or resolution, as of or from opinions, convictions, ambitions, ideals

4. What changes will you make regarding to the reading?
- Maybe it would be a good and benficial for me to study arts or fine arts in university along with business.

5. What questions do I have from the reading?
-If IQ doesn't affect people's success, what about EQ?
-If the Rainbow Project comes in effect, won't there be a big controversy? What would people who took SAT say?
-Will R-brained people more money (success) in the future?


6. What connections have you made to real life?
-It seems like it will be beneficial for me if I also study in arts or fine arts. My major subject which I wish to persuade is business. But as I read more, it looks like MBA it self won't do very much in the future.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기