1. What Surprised you?
-I was surprised that pictures could change in shape by seeing the objects (pg. 131)
-Also I was surprised Daniel Pink's art skill
-"The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. As long as you've got slightly more perceptino than the average wrapped loaf, you could invent something." (pg. 137)
-Never thought that "Human thought processes are largely metaphorical." (pg. 139)
2. What did you already know?
-I alreday knew that the world is becoming multicultural. In other words, the importance of prefis "multi-"
-Multi-functioning people are becmoing more improtant. It's same for sport players
3. New vocabularies
-teeming: adj. abounding or swarming with something, as with people
-stimuli: n. something that incites to action or exertion or quickens action, feeling, thought
-adorn: v. to decorate or add beauty to, as by ornaments
-inaugural: adj. of or pertaining to an inauguration
-hone: n. a whetstone of fine, compact texture for sharpening razors and other cutting tools
-flummox: v. to bewilder; confound; confuse
-enlivened: v. to make vigorous or active; invigorate
-proliferation: n. the growth or production of cells by multiplication of parts
-androgynous: adj. being both male and female; hermaphroditic
-torrent: n. a stream of water flowing with great rapidity and violence
4. What changes will you make regarding to the reading?
I should teach myself to understand metaphors from now. I do understand them but most of the times, I don't understand when I read poetries. Also, I really suck at drawing but I've learned that drawing come from seeing relations of the objects.
5. What questions do I have from the reading?
-How can you identifiy the negtive space when drawing?
-How can I identify and use the skill of "seeing" the objects?
6. What connections have you made to real life?
-I should start to make connections of using the skill of seeing the objects. Also, I should start to using and try to understand metaphors in my life.
7. Word of the day
Metaphor
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기